Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 3 October 2017

chiacchierino facilissimo

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨   blog anniversary!   ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

My blog anniversary is in two days. Thank you so much for all your visits (WOW!) and nice comments (HUGS!), it means a lot to me 💗💗💗💗💗💗

This is the forth blog anniversary, well at this point I think my visitors know that "Chiacchierino facilissimo" in Italian means "very easy tatting" ("chiacchierino" means tatting), but ... Do I really think that tatting is "facilissimo"?
********************
Nothing is as easy as it looks. 
- Murphy's law. 
********************

That looks easy, doesn't it? But there's a lot of work behind it, and I've not yet mastered the netting technique, my net is still unusable! It would be better that I spend my time tatting, that it is easier for me!
The embroidery is part of a bigger net, I've been learning how to do the embroidered netting for 3 years. Last month I took the net off the frame where it was stretched and embroidered. I started the embroidery last year in October and finished last month, but I prefer tatting so the work on the frame was sporadic.
There's some simple tatting embellishment around that little filet lace motif (similar to that one showed here: http://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2015/09/use-it-safely.html). There isn't a pattern for that. I have tatted around 2 others motifs, I'll share photos in next posts. Thread is DMC ecrù size 60.

Then, back to the question, "is tatting easy?" I'd rather say that you can call easy everything that you know how to do. When I started the blog, I thought "facilissimo" would have been an encouragement, I had never thought to make a provocation. Playing like a child is easy, a joy and a relaxation, but tatting...
It is complex, the flip doesn't come at the first try (second neither), someone could be discouraged and throws the towel, or someone else could then say that it isn't worth the effort because it's boring, always the same repetition of rings and chains... Someone even wrote that it is not a serious thing... No looms, just you and your hands. Not even a bunch of stitches, just two knots.

Despite it is not easy to learn - no matter which is your fave, shuttle or needle - I love its simplicity, that is the beauty, the charm of tatting and I've been learning so many techniques beyond the simple look of the double stitch, that it's "facilissimo" for me to fall in love with everything that is tatting!

But I think that if everybody said that tatting is difficult to master, who's willing to try? Once happened to me, long before learning, that I asked a Lady how she could tat and she rose her eyes and said something like that it was a craft difficult to learn. I'm not the kind of person who loves competitions but I've always tried to challenge myself, so she didn't deter me. But  there are people who need encouragement, so, probably, when people look at me while I'm tatting, if I say "you can do it, try it, it's easy", I hope they find the curiosity and willpower to try it out. That is not to diminish its value but to grow the knowledge.

Have you read this post by Muskaan? https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2017/06/tell-world-its-not-easy.html


As promised, here it is the tatted motif (or wheel or snowflake -- I'd hire a consultant for names 😄) using Lizbeth size 20 thread. I haven't changed anything in the pattern, it only needed some blocking because the cotton in my hands is stiffer than a metallic thread. Pattern is in previous post, http://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2017/09/radiant.html

Ciao,
Ninetta
Related posts

22 comments:

  1. Four years blogging about tatting in another language, definitely not easy. Inspiring? Fun? Funny? Interesting? Beautiful? Yep, yep, yep and definitely yep?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The end Is supposed to be an exclamation mark, not a question!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Michelle :-f , yes writing in English is a real challenge for me y-) but at least I make it quite understandable c-) despite many mistakes d(

      Delete
  2. Both pieces are wonderful!!! :)
    I love the bugle bead piece and colors!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your upcoming Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-h w-):X
    It is only perseverance through sweat and tears, and passion that makes the end result look easy - and you a master at ushering in New 'easies' for us :-) Thank You, My Hiding Lady :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Smiling Lady, agree about perseverance, but please without tears :)

      Delete
  5. An early Happy Anniversary! I so enjoy reading your blog, your work with the bugle beads is beautiful and inspiring - I'm heading to the craft store this weekend to pick some up and try myself. bk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Beckie for your nice comment.

      Delete
  6. Things look easy when they're done well, but it takes work to get to that point. I like your combination of netting and tatting. Congratulations on your blogversary, I have huge admiration for you writing in your second language. I will think of you as inspiration as I have taken on a position that requires me to write in Afrikaans, very much a second language to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, you're very kind, I bet you're better than me with the 2nd language!

      Delete
  7. Happy Anniversary! I'm so grateful to have your blog to read. I do not write well. Your writing in your second language gives me courage to try and try again! Thank you and CELEBRATE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well, I learn from all of you, also from your blog, dear.

      Delete
  8. happy anniversary, interesting combination, netting is on my wishlist... maybe I should make time and give it a go...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary, I love your blog and it's always interesting
    Gorgeous motifs love the colours, Netting in tatting that's something really new to try, look forward to seeing more

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much Corina and Margaret, you're very kind :-f

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really nice work. I love tatting. Please visit my bog Alka and Arts, your guidance will be valuable for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... it's kind of you to say that

      Delete
  12. What a beautiful, erudite post, Nin. And many congratulations on your fourth anniversary. Wow - that went so quickly! How do you say 'time flies' in Italian?😊👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you're so kind :-f time flies also in Italian my dear :X

      Delete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta